We’ve had a good week with plenty of signups to our newsletter and questions from potential investors.
This meeting mostly focused on:
- When we should hold our first village meeting to explain to the community how we are planning on saving the pub, and also explain how to become an investor
- We are planning on confirming a date during the first week of July
- How to raise awareness of our event(s) and cause
- leafleting Dry Drayton and also geographically close communities such as Bar Hill, Hardwick and Cambourne
- Pages in local newsletters
- Roadside signs
- Visiting other events to talk to the community and give out leaflets/information
- How to gather feedback from the community on ideas / wants for the pub (online questionnaire and paper questionnaire at events)
- The business plan – we have a couple of business plans from pubs hat have been successfully saved by the local community as a great starting template, and a good idea of what we need to do.
- The plan is to have a draft business plan and investor prospectus to present at our community meeting in July
In addition to the above we’ve also commissioned a valuation of the pub and submitted forms to the Plunkett Foundation who have provided invaluable support and advice to other successfully saved pubs.